Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Blue Corn Maiden and her sisters.

When asking for feedback to my class, about this Summer Workshop, someone pointed out to me that I did not share the legend of the Blue Corn Maiden in my videos, she made a good observation because when I decided to teach this class I went looking for a simplified version of the legend and found so many that I did the next best thing, I created my own concept by naming her The symbol of abundance and prosperity.   As simple as that!

There are a couple of stories I liked, one of them involves many dancing sisters, a group of Corn Maidens!!  which in a way became true with those Spirit Dolls created by my class because people started making their dolls with their different colors, that was very moving to watch.
I believe we create our own myths and our own stories, and now more than ever we need to share them with the world.
May the Spirit of the Blue Corn Maiden and her sisters continue to bless your hands, home and days with beauty and creativity, singing a joyful song of Peace for our land and the whole world, because we are in here to plant seeds, to harvest and celebrate abundance and prosperity...  it does take a village to bring about serenity and peace for future generations.
Bright Blessings.
Griselda
PS These are the videos and written stories I liked the best.

1 comment:

  1. I love folklore and these tales put new meaning into the “Corn Maiden” ... Thank you for sharing ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete