Tuesday, July 17, 2018

My 2018 Summer Workshop


As my workshop come to a close I would like to thank each and every one of the wonderful people who participated making our class DESERT SPIRITS, one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had while teaching. 
I also want to thank Christina Zinnia Galliher of  Artful Gathering Online Events  for her support and wonderful organization which made our time together pure delight.Here are some of the beautiful creations made by my class while following my videos, all of them unique and original in their interpretation. With gratitude for your gracious participation and kind feedback, you are so thoughtful and hope you know how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and support.Cheers dear friends!

From The Blue Corn Maiden Journey

Tonya's Blue Corn Maiden
Zinnia's Blue Corn Maiden
Bonnie's Blue Corn Maiden
CC Blue Corn Maiden

CC Blue Corn Maiden


Debra's Blue Corn Maiden
Donna's Blue Corn Maiden



Donna's Blue Corn Maiden



Gayle's Blue Corn Maiden




Tonya's Blue Corn Maiden


Barbara's Blue Corn Maiden


Roslin Blue Corn Maiden

Roslin's doll detail

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Griselda! They all look great! It sure was a fun class! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC, I am missing the class already but wait eagerly to see what comes out of it afterwards. This technique has endless possibilities. Thank you for your participation and for sharing your talents with us.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely *loved* this class. Griselda, you have a natural talent for teaching- I can't wait to take more classes from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love my class, it is going to be a challenge for me to "dream up" something special for our next gathering. Thank you Gayle for your kind words, your participation and the gorgeous images you shared with us!!

      Delete
  3. So wonderful to see The Blue Corn Maidens here! It was a wonderful class and I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Donna, if you check out the myth and stories about the Blue Corn Maiden, she has several sisters, what a concept right? I feel the gathering of women around this theme created another level of experiencing an art class. I feel blessed. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us.

      Delete
    2. I loved learning about the Blue Corn Maiden and all of the different tales about her. Yes, this class was so much more than I could have imagined!

      Delete
  4. I agree Donna, I am still learning about myth and traditions. So glad you enjoyed the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS presentation from an “ AWESOME “ Teacher... Your class was absolutely INSPIRATIONAL...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of you who may read this who were not in this online class, get the video! Griselda, you are such a great teacher. Covering every detail or issue that we may have encountered. You laid the ground work for our class becoming what it is, a supportive, creative, thoughtful group of women being touched by the Spirits of the Corn Maidens, Shaman Moons, Singing Gourd Women...the list continues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran out of room! Your sweet, BIG, and generous heart shines throughout your teaching, which is pretty amazing considering it was a video. It never felt that way. It seemed like you were right there with us. And you were! Creating as we created! Which meant that there were more ladies arriving! When we had questions or posted our work, you were right there, building relationship! Thank you Griselda! I have been drawn to spirit dolls for some time now, and without knowing it, especially to your creations! The synchronicity of finding this class right when I had started to make some faces was amazing. To have learned from you warms my heart. Deep bows, and to quote dear Roslind, dolly hugs!

    ReplyDelete